A word of thanks from our sponsored students

We recently received a packet of letters from our friends at Bega Kwa Bega!

There was a cover letter from BKB Director, Rev. Peter Harrits:

I've recently returned from Iringa and have carried with me letters from some of the 1200 students that are sponsored through the scholarship program we share with our companions in the Iringa Diocese. Enclosed you'll find letters from some of your sponsored students.  



During the month of February I traveled with three volunteers from Saint Paul (Pastor Lynda Thompson - Incarnation, Shoreview; Trish Blomquist - Christ the King, New Brighton; and Carol Langness - Augustana, West Saint Paul) as well as leaders from the Iringa Diocese to visit students at six secondary schools. It was a week of bumpy roads and bright smiles as we met with students whose direction in life is being altered because of the gift of education that you and the members of your companion congregation are sharing with them.

This is one of many projects that we do together and it is making a tangible difference in the lives of these students and the extended families and communities of which they are members. On behalf of them and the rest of the BKB family, I say asante sana tena.

Our packet contained letters from six students at Image Secondary School.



Dear sponsor, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ.  It is my hope that you are well and you are continuing well with your daily activities. For myself, I continue well with my studies.

The aim of writing this letter is to say thanks for your help for paying school fees. Now I'm form three at Image Secondary School. 

I promise you I will study hard and I will get high marks in my exams. I don't have any word but God will bless you in your activities.

Your faithful, 
H. K.

And another:

I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ.  I have a great pleasure to write to you this letter and I hope that you continue well in your daily activities which you conduct every day.

The aim of writing this letter is to say thank you for your help as you are paying my school fees.  I have nothing to pay but I would like to say that may God bless you.  I promise you I am working hard in my studies to make my dreams come true.

I wish you all the best,
YNM

While the letters often express similar sentiments, they are genuine and heartfelt expressions of thanks.  Many of these students are just learning to write and speak in English, and they are often apologetic that they are not more fluent.  Our travelers have often said that we wish we could speak/write Swahili as well as our friends speak/write English!

I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ.  I am very happy to be writing this letter to you.

The aim of writing this letter is to say thank you for helping me to pay the school fees here at Image Secondary School. I hope you have good health and you are doing well in your activities. I have no anything to pay you, but God bless, also God give you long life.

I am form four. I hope that you are praying for me, and me, I pray for you.

JJK



Thanks to the many individuals and families at SOTV who contribute to our Tanzania Scholarship Fund.  Contributions may be made at any time, in any amount.  Your gifts support 150 students attending primary, secondary and post secondary schools in Tanzania.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idodi Secondary School

Safari 2013: the journey of a lifetime

Karibuni sana