Iringa

It's 5 PM on Thursday, July 31 and I am in Iringa after a wonderful and full week in Tungamalenga and Makifu Parishes.  I arrived in town about 2 PM and the first group of SOTV travelers will arrive here between 7 and 8 PM.

For the first time ever, by next week I will be able to say I have visited every village congregation or preaching point in one year.  Both Tungamalenga and Makifu now have 8 preaching points each.  Here's where I've been....

Tungamalenga

Namelok

Idodi

Mpalapande

Mapogoro

Kisilwa



Ikwavila

Mahuninga

Makifu

Malunde

Isanga

Makambalala

Mahove

Kitisi

Kibaoni

....I've been everywhere except Msembe, which I will visit next week when we go to the game park.

There have been wonderful visits, productive meetings, many new friends and renewing friendships with many old and dear friends.

As always, one of the saddest parts of the visit is learning who is no longer with us.  In April, Jacob Ngulo died.  He was an evangelist from our first visit, a member of the partnership committee for many years, a founder of the microfinance SACCOs (savings and credit cooperative), and a dear friend.  He was not very old, and leaves behind his wife, Rose, and two young daughters.

I've also learned that the wife of Gervas Nziku died this spring.  I remember her from our first visits when Gervas was evangelist at Msembe.  Then he was sent by the parish to attend secondary school, their fourth child was born, and the family fell on tough times when the child, Gloria, died at age two.  There was another child a few years ago, so Gervas and four children survive the mama's death.

May God bless and comfort all those who mourn.

I am so grateful for reunions with dear friends -- Bibi Petro at Mahove, Mama Neema at Makambalala, dear Barnabas Kahwage serving as my tireless interpreter this past week, and serving his patients at the dispensary early in the morning and late at night.

I am so grateful for newer friends, Pastor Madembo of Makifu and Pastors Eva and Bryson Msigwa of Tungamalenga.

The prayer partner cards are a big hit --- technical glitches tonight prevent me from showing you some awesome photos.

At Isanga, I met one year old baby Emily, who was born during my visit last year.  I visited her and her Mama at the dispensary and they asked me to name her.  She has grown into a beautiful girl.

My heart is full of pictures, memories and moments from this past week.  Will write more tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idodi Secondary School

Safari 2013: the journey of a lifetime

Karibuni sana