Packing thoughts from a first time TZ traveler


Packing is a process! I am an over packer. I am the ‘let’s put this in just in case’ packer. So packing in a carry on suitcase for my upcoming two week trip to visit our brothers and sisters in Tanzania is going to be a process! 



I have been making lists and checking them with those that have made this trip before me, crossing off things I don’t need to be bringing, adding new things, with the knowledge that everything on this list has to fit into my small carry on. 

Planning for this trip began years ago for me, from having interest in going to actually being able to go. 

Getting over to Tanzania is the end of the planning and packing process and the beginning of a new process, that of new experiences and friendships with those we will meet and spend time with, walking with them in their faith. I am honored to be able to travel around the world to share in community and fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ. I am thankful for the process of packing and all that I have learned and will continue to learn in the days before I leave for Tanzania.

~~Kristen Holien

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idodi Secondary School

Safari 2013: the journey of a lifetime

Karibuni sana