For all the saints

Today we celebrate All Saints, remembering the faithful who have died and gone before us to the heavenly feast.


Almighty God, you have knit your people together in the body of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.


Give us grace to follow your saints in lives of faith and commitment.

Anyulumye Msigwa


Rev. Benjamin Ngede

We speak your name, we remember.
We light a flame, we remember.
Though life is changed now, it is not ended.
In this bright promise, we remember.

Enock Ndapisi

A life lived in Christ is a journey into joy:
a life fully lived whether many years or few, 
A life fully lived as beloved child of God.
We remember.


Chake Kuyaa

A life lived in Christ is a dance into the light: 
a light passed along as the future calls us on,
a light passed along in an ever changing song.
We remember.

Rose Mahlum

I'm just a stranger on a journey, traveling to a distant land.
Where there's a mansion waiting for me, built on high by Jesus' hand.

So many dusty miles before me 'til I rest my weary soul.
Then I will walk through gates of glory, set my feet on streets of gold.

Jacob Ngulo

There's gonna be no sin or sorrow, no more sickness, no more pain.
Never a fear about tomorrow, no more tears and no more chains.



I'm gonna dance and sing with angels, raise up high a heavenly song,
forevermore to lift his name. I'll praise my Jesus all day long.


For all the saints who from their labors now rest, we give thanks.

* Text for this post comes from the prayers and songs sung in worship at Shepherd of the Valley on November 1, 2015. "We Remember" by Browning & Willet; "Home to Heaven" by Alexander & Sterling.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idodi Secondary School

Safari 2013: the journey of a lifetime

Karibuni sana