Water -- bega kwa bega

Next weekend, July 16 & 17, Shepherd of the Valley will be conducting a Walk for Water to raise funds for our brothers and sisters in the remote village of Mahove, part of our Tungamalenga Partnership. We will walk to raise awareness and funds to support the life giving gift of water for these brothers and sisters in Christ.

Today we received an email from Mfaume Kisakanike, who was an SOTV sponsored student in secondary school, a very bright young man who was raised by his grandmother after his father abandoned his mother and the mother married a man who did not want to raise another's child. After high school, Mfaume studied community development in college, and now he's employed and will be married in September. He still supports his grandmother financially.

Mfaume writes:

It is courageous and impressive when I read your past emails to me. It even makes me appreciate your great love that God imparted unto you and I can see it absolutely. Thank you for whatever you've done to me, my family and for the people of Tungamalenga. You did something I cannot explain and difficult to make its valuation to me and my family and yet you do it to my sisters and brothers of Tungamalenga. It's so generous of you. May God bless everything you do for his glory.



I have heard that on 16th of July you are going to conduct a walk for water to get money for a water project at Mahove village. I know I will not be able to join Mahove Villagers to provide my labor in digging the trench for water system, being the case I would like to join you in a walk for water, I promise to give 15 US dollars, my contribution for water project at Mahove village, tell me when you come in Tungamalenga so that I fulfill my promise I want it to be given to you because I support your walk for water event.




Thank you that you are willing to give for others especially the needy provided the economic difficulties that is facing the world now.




~~Mfaume




In Tanzania, the average income is about $1 a day. Mfaume's gift is astounding and inspiring. We truly are walking shoulder to shoulder with these friends in Christ. Bring your walking shoes and a bucket to church, and join us for a wonderful walk next weekend!




Pastor Diane Sponheim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idodi Secondary School

Safari 2013: the journey of a lifetime

Karibuni sana